+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: if i gauge my ears will they grow back.

if i gauge my ears will they grow back.

Hi i was wondering if i gauged my ears to either 12 or a 6, would they heal back over time?

Re: if i gauge my ears will they grow back.

It's different for everyone, so I can't say yes or no. I can say maybe. With 12g there really isn't much to shrink down, and 6g isn't too big either. The 12 would probably close over time, while the 6 might just shrink down smaller, but not close.

what do you mean heal back... shrink? maybe not, maybe so. most of the time once you go past 2g there is no return. it really depends on how much scar tissue you have produced.

And just so that when you go and talk to your friends about it all -- the proper term is "stretch", not "gauge" -- everyone uses it incorrectly. Tell them you talked to a bunch of body mod professionals, and that's what they used.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."

Axon: "You are an awful person."

omnipotato's resin: Facebook | Etsy

http://www.bodyartforms.com/forumsV9...sp?TOPIC_ID=22 "If I stretch my ears, will they close?"

read this. I'm not being snarky, I just know this has been covered already. [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mushu

And just so that when you go and talk to your friends about it all -- the proper term is "stretch", not "gauge"
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Actually they still say 'guage'. Either is correct. [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

Nah..gauge is a way of measuring. If you were to gauge your ears, you'd be measuring them. Stretching is definitely the appropriate term.
    Have: Roughly 15 hours of tattoo work, 1/2"-ish septum, 1/2" lobes, and many, many empty holes

it took me a while to get the hang of "Stretch" and "gauge"...i still don't say it right at times, lol. [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

i look at people funny when they ask me about my ears... like "what are you talking about?"

Millions and millions of people say it wrong... it's one of those things where you can correct 1, 10, 100, 1000 people... and you'll still hear it said wrong every damn day. Almost not worth the time to even try [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

People can gauge their ears with no piercings at all, and the answer will be 0mm!

+ Reply to Thread