+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infected Septum?

Infected Septum?

Ok, so I got my septum pierced about 5 weeks ago at an 8. I was a dumbass and only cleaned it while I was in the shower with soap and that wasn't even everyday but after about the 3 week there was really no soreness at all. As of about a week ago the front left side of the piercing has been really sore, like so sore it hurts to readjust the ring when it moves allitle in my nose. Tonight I looked at it and there is like a big bump above it with a black dot on it and when I moved the ing it looked like skin was coming out so I dabbed it with a q-tip and it was like a bloody pus. I cleaned it really well with h2ocean and I just don't really no what to do from here. Should I just keep cleaning it a few times a day for a few days and see if it starts to get better or take it out?

Re: Infected Septum?

Have you been doing your sea-salt soaks?
    Maybe you should start, if you haven't.

sea salt soaks, clean it EVERY day, and go to your piercer regardless to have them look at it.

I have done a few sea-salt soaks, I am going to start doing them everyday and I am going to go to the piercing shop within the week

What does your nose look like? Is it red, swollen and hot?

I got a sinus infection/head cold the day after I had my septum pierced. My nose became swollen, red, hot and painful. There was no swelling around the piercing though. I went back to the shop I had it pierced at and saw the good piercer (Pere at Body Basics in Chicago). He said start of infection. He had me do chamomille tea soaks (make chamomille tea and take the teabag and use it as a compress on my piercing. redipping it into the tea cup to rewarm the bag as needed) for 15min 3x daily followed by 15min of salt soaks followed by rinsing with clean water and to take extra zinc, vitamin C and echineacha.

Two soaks later I felt fabulous. Two days later, all bad symptoms were gone. I did the soaks for a week as directed.

I have since used this on my kid when he has had infected cuts, skeeter bites and poision ivy.

However, see your piercer first.
    q
    Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.

"Why?? Because my parents said BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE, and this is what I want to be." :: Bob Flanagan

if you really think your septum is infected then go see your piercer TODAY. don't put it off.

It is hard for me to go very far with work and school, but I am going to the shop today so I am going to have it looked at. I hae been cleaning it with H2Ocean 3 times a day and it is no longer sore and there is no discharge at all

+ Reply to Thread