+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: tongue piercing....NUMBNESS?!

tongue piercing....NUMBNESS?!

So I got a tongue piercing last night. When it was pierced, i felt a tingle on top of pain, fairly similar to what a dentist hitting a nerve feels like. Hence i assumed it was a nerve and didn't see anything to wrong with this, as the tongue is fairly sensitive. anyways the bottom part of the piercing is a couple millimeters off to the left(intentional?). After a day I have noticed that when i rub my tongue on the top of my mouth part of my tongue feels numb! After poking around a little bit, it definitely feels like the piecer hit a nerve. Am i mistaken or is this just normal and part of the healing process? Nothin in my taste has noticealby changed so that's good. A seperate tangent...I have a piece of jewelery that is a rivet, like one from a bridge....It is a 2g size but is made out of some sorta steel not surgical(not shiny). Anyone know if its cool to wear this or am I poisining myself?

Re: tongue piercing....NUMBNESS?!

I didn't feel any numbness when I had my tongue pierced, but everyone's different. I don't personally know if numbness is normal or not. Keep in mind, the piercing is only a day old. It's gonna be feeling all sorts of crazy before the swelling goes back down. Maybe someone else who knows a bit more about this can comment.

Concerning using the 2g rivet, though. I'd advise against using it. The only steel that should be used for jewelry is surgical stainless steel.

slight teechnical correction (sorry...)

'surgical' is meaningless. it's an industry buzzword.

steel that is acceptable is 316L or 316LVM

if you can't be sure it's either of those two types, don't stick it in a piercing.

sorry, whats a rivet?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">Quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JakeSimpson

sorry, whats a rivet?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">it is what she
    used to work with.
    q
    Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.

"Why?? Because my parents said BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE, and this is what I want to be." :: Bob Flanagan

rosey the riveter... but why does he have a rivet in him?

Holding himself together?

I think he's just using it as jewelry.

I am guessing that they have a labret stud in as initial jewelry.
    q
    Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.

"Why?? Because my parents said BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE, and this is what I want to be." :: Bob Flanagan

funny thing to call a rivet!

a labret stud in as initial tongue jewelry?! that better be one damn long labret stud...

first, i would say - don't get pierced unless you know WHAT is going into your body. you don't even know what the jewelry is made out of, nor did your piercer inform you?

also, when i got my tongue pierced (which i have done twice, once with major complications), i never felt numb. my tongue swelled up, and it was hard to talk kindof, and it was a little sore.. but not numb, and i didn't feel like any nerves were damaged. i'm not you, but it sounds like something went wrong. maybe go to a [better] piercer and ask for advice?

+ Reply to Thread