+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vertical labrets and being a chick

Vertical labrets and being a chick

Alright, I've always loved the look of snakebites, but I hate the whole "destroying your mouth" thing.

I have a couple of questions about vertical snakebites.

Can you still wear lipstick/gloss?
    Does kissing feel a lot different?
    How does it look when you smile? (I've seen labrets and stuff sticking out before)

And, as far as pain goes? Since it like, actually goes through the lip.

How about chapped lips in the winter? How's that with them?

Also, on tongue piercings: would it alright to get pierced at 12g, then downsize after the healing to 14g? Or, should I just stay at 12g? And, is a combination of a PTFE barbell with dental acrylic balls good for keeping teeth intact?

Thanks [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img].

Re: Vertical labrets and being a chick

All I can say is for vertical labrets, because I only have one, yes on the lipstick and gloss, no on the kissing, but it does hurt to kiss for the first month or 2, hitting it [which you will do frequently] does not feel good. If you get small enough jewelry it wont stickout, so downsize after you heal, however, I would reccommend keeping the bigger jewelry, because if it ever gets irritated pop the bigger jewelry back in so you can soak it and work it in an out, which is a little hard to do with well fitted vertical labret jewelry. Pain.. yes it hurts, more then everything else, less then my septum... but it didnt help that i got really sick the week after getting pierced, and vomited on it constantly. Chapped lips are pretty bad. invest in a good chap stick, because youll need it.

Tounge piercings: get pierced at a 12 and stay at a 12. And i dont know.... I have always had metal barbells in mine, and I've never chipped my teeth on it.

Yes, I know I'm not a girl so I'm not sure about lipstick/gloss but I've had mine done for about two or three weeks now. Kissing doesn't feel any different for me (the chicks I kissed said it feels different for them (positive) though), but it did hurt for the first couple of days. Mine has been fine to kiss with after the first week. I don't know about the whole smiling thing... I didn't notice a difference. Mine didn't hurt that bad at all. I don't have any piercings besides my ears stretched and my septum, and my septum hurts LOTS more. This piercing was a walk in the park compared to my septum. Like I said before, I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I don't know how the winter is going to treat it, but my lips are almost always chapped and the vertical labret didn't effect it at all, except I have a tendancy to lick my lips more which is actually helping my usually chapped lips.

I don't have my tongue pierced so can't say anything as far as that's concerned.

Mod I beleive has vert snakebits, see what he has to say
    I trust you as far as I spit
    35mm lobes, snakebites when I feel like it, 9 tattoos.

I have plain ole straight-through snakebites and they don't destroy your mouth at all.

Hijack abit.. hehe. i love snakebites too but im kinda prone to getting ulcers, especially on my inner lips and tongue. So im not sure whether it's okay to get them done [:-boggled] Maybe vert ones are better?

I was quite prone to ulcers 'til I got oral piericngs, bizarrely they tend to be much less frequent, and stay away from the piercings if they do appear now. Don't know how that's working, though!

weird [:-bigeyes]

I'm also thinkin about gettin a vertical labret..in fact I am positive I'm gonna get it done..I am however afraid of what kind of scar it will leave..I would plan to keep my piercings but I am goin to be attending culinary school soon and it isnt allowed to have piercings...stupid rules!!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img] .. lol.. but yeah anyways ..my Question is.. Can anyone tell me what kind of scar the Vertical labret tends to leave on a girl....

i don't see why you couldn't get pierced at a 12 and then downsize to a 14... i got pierced at a 14, but can fit a 10 in without any problems... the retainer i used to wear to work was a 12, and i'd switch between that and a 14 all the time without any problems. but why would you get pierced at a 12 if you're just going to wear a 14 eventually?

+ Reply to Thread