+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Industrial piercing while playing sports ect.

Industrial piercing while playing sports ect.

Hello everyone. let me begin with that I have a industrial piercing for like 4months already. Before I had any piercing i'v played paintball and there is agame coming up and my most concernd is my industiral (of course) and was wondering if PTFE flexible barbell is the best way to go for and are they autoclave or any other alternative.

Re: Industrial piercing while playing sports ect.

Do you wear just a face mask or a full head mask? I would suggets ptfe being good *so it doesnt cause as much pressure on it, allows it to move as removing helm/mask if full head*

PTFE (Monofilament nylon and teflon) is a 100% safe flexible material that is becoming very popular for surface piercings and also for piercings where more flexibility is needed (the navel during pregnancy or for surgeries). It has a "non-stick" surface and can be used in initial piercings.

PTFE can be autoclaved
    Simply wash with antibacterial soap and warm water... no need to use alcohol or harsh chemicals

it's a full mask, and im afriad if i get hit on the side like iv got hitten couple of time by same person being drunk and hitting me with a pillow and it hurted like hell and last time i got hit was a few week ago next morning i saw crusted dryed blood.

it's a full mask, and im afriad if i get hit on the side like iv got hitten couple of time by same person being drunk and hitting me with a pillow and it hurted like hell and last time i got hit was a few week ago next morning i saw crusted dryed blood.

Ptfe would be best bet then. it will allow the flexability needed to have it on. Full mask will also pretect it from any paintballs from accidently hitting you.

Off topic: Paintball is fun, but damn they hurt like hell,especially getting shot point blank range.

i used to play tourney paintball and i had no problem with balls hitting around my lobs when they were pierced

not shure on industrial but yeah go ptfe

yeah, some guy came into work the other day with an industrial and i asked about it, and he said he got smacked in the ear and it ripped it/bled a bit. i told him a PTFE barbell would be great for that, and he kept saying, "nah, that wouldn't help." how would that not help? if your ear bends, it bends. if it gets tugged REALLY hard, the threadings would just strip rather than the barbell pull through your ear. i'd rather lose a ball than have my ear ripped up!

+ Reply to Thread