+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Labret-style barbell for septum.

Labret-style barbell for septum.

This may not seem wise, but I didn't want to be pierced with a retainer so I requested having a high-grade steel 16g labret at my initial jewelry. My piercer said he'd give it a go, but to come back if I needed any adjustment.

How safe is it to have a labret-style (flat back) barbell in a septum? Is this okay for healing? What would be the negative aspect of using this? Thanks.

Re: Labret-style barbell for septum.

I had one for a while. It's more comfortable than a lot of other things. It's a lot easier to put an o-ring on instead of screwing a ball on.

Yeah, that's what I have in mine. I'm using an 18g o-ring, though, because I really don't want to risk losing it in sleep (hoping tighter=less chance of slippage). Did you have any trouble as far as the o-ring coming off, the barbell, etc? I'm even planning on altering the way I sleep to accommodate it, in hopes that nothing will fall out.

Oh and what do you think the safest (less likelihood of it falling out), yet still hideable, piece of jewelry for the septum is? I'd like to eventually switch to a manipulated CBB that would still be able to be flipped up, but still, the idea of the balls coming off in sleep and the piece falling out resounds in my head.

why don't you just use a bullet retainer?
    <br /<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=422>http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=422</a>
    "You can't outrun death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it."

Current: 5/8" Lobes, 8g Cartilage Punches, 10g Labret, 2g Septum

Retired: 14g Nape, 8g Nipples (will be returning as Verticals in the near future)

Tattoos: I have a good amount of ink in my skin, always getting more...

or even just a barbell. I can't imagine that the flat end of a labret would be anywhere close to comfortable.
    q
    Everything to excess. Moderation is for monks.

"Why?? Because my parents said BE WHAT YOU WANT TO BE, and this is what I want to be." :: Bob Flanagan

It's a very small flat end, and as far as comfort, it's perfect. I was just wondering if it were fine to keep for the healing process.

Bullet keepers weren't available at 16g, and that is the size I wanted it done at.

I didn't have any problems with the o-ring coming off, but the wearable length was also more than adequate.

Is it visible with the flatback?

For the most part, no, thanks to the anatomy of my nose.

+ Reply to Thread