PDA

View Full Version : Nipple Piercing Questions

Angelae
01-17-2013, 02:34 PM
What are the average female nipple piercing healing times? (I've heard many different things)
Is there more discomfort post piercing if I have larger breasts?
Most comfortable clothing to wear post piercing?
Does the piercer make your nipples hard before piercing?

Also, any other tips/advice.
Thanks! :)

Mollwyn
01-17-2013, 05:53 PM
For females, the healing time is generally 6-9 months. I am not sure about there being more discomfort due to breast size (I'm smaller) but no matter what, you are going to be more comfortable wearing either a camisole/bra tank top and or a regular bra post piercing. I just wore a thin tank top and it was a bit uncomfortable at times.

In my case, the room was slightly cold, so my nipples were hard pretty much as soon as I had my top off. The tissue being erect does help with placement of the dots, so they will be hard. I recall my piercer cleaning/swabbing the area with some iodine followed by an alcohol soaked piece of gauze, and that definitely caused them to be erect.

My piercer didn't use clamps, she explained how over the years she'd been piercing she developed a method of holding the nipple in place with her hand. She said it allowed her to feel how the tissue was moving and responding to the piercing, and that it helped to ensure proper placement. Plus, it's less trauma to the body :)

The overall experience was painful. I'm not going to lie, this was probably my most painful piercing, aside from my nose, which takes a close 2nd place. :p However, the pain per piercing was around 3-4 seconds total, and the initial soreness wore off after 2 hours or so. Hope this helps, feel free to let us know if you have any other questions! Best of luck! :)

anachronism
01-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Healing is usually 6- 9 months although they may take longer to heal.

Bigger boobs-> more movement-> irritation. As such, a sports or regular bra will feel more comfortable than braless for the first few days to a week.

Nipples being hard will probably depend on you more than the piercer. Studios are almost always cold and the marking in itself may make them erect.

Angelae
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
thanks for the answers guys! much appreciated.

Vince J
01-17-2013, 11:40 PM
I would say mine took around 9 months to heal. It's worth it, my nipple piercing is my favourite piercing.

roscoebigglesworth
02-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I've had mine for 2 years, and I still have problems every now and again. especially when im sick or when the weather is really inconsistent
dont skimp on your saline soaks! my piercer told me only to do them for 6 weeks...when i went to get a new bar recently i was told 6 MONTHS.
also be careful with showering...bracelets and puffy loofa thingies are a bitch to get caught on a nip...take it from a repeat offender -.- my poor girls were so mad at me after the first few bath puff tugs

im new to the forum so i havent quite figured out how to start a thread of my own but if anyone has advice for what to do about a stubborn pus pocket on a nip piercing id love some advice!
i do the salt soaks but its still not recovering all the way...very sensitive.

Hopefully you dont encounter the pus pocket thing if you get them done!

Sassure
02-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I would say in nipples, if i were to have them redone now, the most important things is quality of jewlery for healing. I would want a barbell in titanium, and ofc internally threaded. It would have helped me in healing sooo much, and i still had good quality jewlery. Mine healed in about 1 year all the times i got them pierced. And as others mentioned: be careful with cloths, bathing loofas, towels and so on. Getting a tug on them really is a pain!

foulmouthedruffian
02-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Getting a tug on them really is a pain!

UNDERSTATEMENT! Rofl!

kcrane
02-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Mine healed in about 9 months and healed beautifully with me cleaning with H2Ocean 2x a day. I don't think I ever did a soak. If you have larger breasts, wearing a bra 24/7, except for bathing, will be your best friend. I felt so much safer sleeping in my bra, till I felt I had a good handle on the healing process. The shop was cool when I had it done, so the nipples were already pretty erect.

vivalaeloise
02-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Had mine done 2 weeks and 2 days ago and they are treating me wonderully. Hurt A LOT, second one even more and ached for about six hours afterwards. Bled but not too much. A few days in and I had no problem sleeping without a bra and apart from occasionally being a bit sore, no problems in the day time either. Right now, unless they get caught (which hurts, but not the worst pain ever) they don't hurt even when bumped aaaaand no crusties! So happy with how well they're going :)

pookpook
02-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Mine took about 10-11 months. Went from having almost no sensitivity to don't look at them i can feel that! lol But now I can't feel them again. First week I either wore a bra or a cami all the time. Don't get a towel or anything stuck. Taking my shirt off made me cold plus the clamps... they were hard. Just got mine done again vertically about a week ago and it's much easier to care for this round.