PDA

View Full Version : Getting to an inch.

Mekka9000
09-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Okay, I've had my ears stretched for more than four years and I've been at 7/8ths for about a year now. Before this I've been just popping in the next size up every few months. Once I tried going to an inch It wouldn't easily just go in so I put it on the backburner, no big deal. Recently I purchased tapers to an inch and I can't even get those to go in. I've tried the hot shower, all the oils and such. It's been about three days of once or twice a day effort with the tapers with no luck.

I'm incredibly timid when it comes to stretching as i've never had a blowout or tear, I don't want to get one now out of impatience. I'm wearing silicone tunnels, I know thats not the best but all my glass plugs break in the shower cause i'm a dingus. I really can't spend any more money on stretching so idk about buying anything in 15/16ths.

Any advice? It's frustrating because it's just three millimeters away from being at my goal size.

tl;dr can't get to an inch, halp.

icanican123
09-23-2012, 01:22 PM
You should stop at each mm along the way.
Have you tried the taping method?

Nossie
09-23-2012, 01:24 PM
You can't stretch 3mm at once, you have to stop at the in-between sizes. Have you tried taping?
If you can't afford buying plugs now, don't stretch :)

Mekka9000
09-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I have considered taping although I've never done it. I only have silicone eyelets in 7/8ths and already purchased the tapers. As much as I want to get to an inch I can't be buying plugs right now. But on the other hand I've been waiting a long time to get here. I have .. 3/4ths? I don't think I could tape up to an inch with that lol.
It was kind of silly of me, I had expected it to be an easy stretch so my girlfriend ended up getting me a couple inch plugs last christmas and they're just there looking up at me.

Nossie
09-23-2012, 01:39 PM
So wait until you can afford some glass colorfronts or something else single-flared quality plugs to tape with, it's really that easy :D
You shouldn't tape all the way to an inch, you should tape to the next millimeter up and stop at 23 and 24mm before you get to the 25mm for at least the minimum healing time before you attempt taping again, there are some threads on here how to stretch properly and also one on how to use the taping method.

awesomeselflover
09-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Also, tapers above ~00g aren't really gradual unless you happened to have bought a really good quality taper (which I'm guessing not since you're having trouble buying plugs to stretch with). I know you're excited because you're close, but if you wait and buy good plugs and don't force the stretches, you're going to be ahead compared to if you forced the stretch to 1" and tore your ear.

Swagner
09-23-2012, 05:45 PM
You're not gonna like this answer but save up some money and just buy some 15/16 plugs. If you gotta wait, you gotta wait but you I'm sure you know this by now if you've been stretching for four years. That would suck to wait this long just for you to tear or break them.