PDA

View Full Version : Rank what piercing you think has hurt the most

Dandy
03-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Working in a studio full time doing my apprenticeship I get asked multiple times on a daily basis how much X piercing hurts vs what piercing they have had done before so I thought it might be fun to get people to rank what they think has hurt the most.From what clients/co-workers tell me the majority think lobes and tongue are the least painful.
</p>

Speaking from personal experience, ranked from what hurt most to what hurt least here goes:</p>

1. 10ga Labret piercing - Needle was large, totally bearable but rather painfull.</p>

2. 14g Medusa - very close to the 10g labret, like others I talk to I found this a -very- sensitive area.</p>

3. 14g Nipple Piercings - Had both done in the same session, didnt find it too bad, probably as I had built up the pain in my mind. Its funny to see guys with full sleeves and neck tattoos freak out and sweat all over the bench while piercing these.</p>

4. Microdermal - Next to my eye, dermal punched. I dont find dermal punching painfull, I was very excited to get this piercing done after a year of contemplation and didnt experience much discomfort.</p>

5. 14g Lobes - Now 1 1/8" , initial piercing was a small sting, nothing more than a pinch.</p>

6. 18g Nostril - Pierced this myself in the studio, almost no pain at
all, maybe it was because I was concentrating so hard but my eyes
didn't even water which is pretty rare with a nostril piercing as they
seem to just make the body do that. </p>

</p>

</p>

OwlOwl
03-21-2010, 07:05 AM
I remembered my nostril being uncomfortable, not uber painful but it did sting and continued to do so after the stud was inserted. In fact til thing day it kind of hurts.</p>

Rook hurt during the piercing, but then again the piercer took his sweet ass time doing it, probably because he didn't have much experience doing it (he should have warned me.) It was the only piercing that made me clench my fist.
</p>

Everything else felt the same. Stingy fast pain then sucky swelling 2 days later.
</p>

nitmaresdreamoff
03-21-2010, 07:23 AM
<P mce_keep="true">most painful:</P>
<P mce_keep="true">1.helix- more thehealing than the piercing itself it took FOREVER to settle</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2.tragus- the piercing was a bitchhhhh</P>
<P mce_keep="true">barely felt it:</P>
<P mce_keep="true">septum</P>
<P mce_keep="true">navel</P>
<P mce_keep="true">seconds</P>
<P mce_keep="true">tongue</P>
<P mce_keep="true">lip</P>

PriestessLolo
03-21-2010, 07:58 AM
(1) Sternum Microdermals - They've been rejected now, but this HURT a lot. They were done with needles and it took quite a few minutes.</p>

(2) 14g Nipples - These were rather quick, but still very painful. I had my bf there to squeeze my hand but it didn't make it any less painful haha.</p>

(3) 16g Rook - This was also pretty fast, but again, painful, probably just from the thickness of that piece of cartilage.</p>

(4) 18g Nostrils - These both hurt a lot. My right nostril screw popped out when I got it so the piercer had to basically get it in back in the brand new hole &gt;.&lt; that one was a bitch. The procedure went fine on the left one but was still painful.</p>

(5) 12g Conch - I had this needle pierced and it wasn't that bad. I was very nervous from the horror stories but pleasantly surprised.</p>

(6) 18g (now 14g) Septum - A split-second pinch feeling, hardly what you could call painful.</p>

(7) 14g (now 8g) Tongue - Easiest piercing I've ever had. I barely felt the needle go in.</p>

-------------</p>

I didn't list my lobes and one helix piercing since they were gunned when I was younger. None of which hurt, though.
</p>

raindrop
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
<P mce_keep="true">14g navel - painless</P>
<P mce_keep="true">20g nostril - painless</P>
<P mce_keep="true">14g industrials -left was completely painless, but the top hole on the right one wasslightly uncomfortable. Itjust felt like someone was pinching my ear with their fingernails.These were done1 month apart. The worst part of both of them was the first week of healing. It felt like my ears had been dangledover the fiery pits of hell and then rolled in poison ivy.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">16g right tragus - painless</P>
<P mce_keep="true">18g left tragus - painless, but stretching it to 16g was horrible.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">16g left rook - painless</P>
<P mce_keep="true">14g septum - stung a bit, but the clamps hurt far worse.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">14g nipples - most painful, but even they weren't that bad. Itfelt sharp and kinda burned a bit.They weredone 2 months apart.</P>

Wenda
03-21-2010, 09:10 AM
1: Nipple - the first time I had it done, it hurt like a BITCH. The second time wasn't so bad, admittedly, but the first one was bad enough that I still rank it as #1.</p>

2: Conch - unexpectedly very painful. Quick though.</p>

Tied for 3: Tragus and rook - both kinda nasty, but moreso just fiddly for the piercer to get the jewellery seated (especially rook). They were a very uncomfortable minute or two, as opposed to the almost instantaneous experience of most piercings.</p>

4: Helixes - I got these gunned, back in the day, so they sucked rather a bit. Plus, no doubt due to the gun, they remained painful for a long time and they get annoyed much more frequently than my other piercings.</p>

5: Dermals - not so much painful as just... weird and a bit squeamish. They felt really wrong while they were going in.</p>

6: Lobes - all but one were gunned, so they stung pretty badly and the healing time was longer than it should have been.</p>

Tied for 7: Lower navel, eyebrow, and Christina - all these were pretty benign. I remember a bit of a pinch and that was it. The clamps hurt worse than the piercing itself.</p>

8: 10ga needled lobe - this was easy. Bit of a sting, but it went fast.</p>

9: Nostril - a lot of people say these are pretty bad, but I've sat for nostril piercings four times now (have had to have both of them redone at some point in their life) and none of them produced any more than a slight sting.</p>

10: Upper navel - this was done at a doctor, when I was 15, under local anaesthetic. The piercing itself was totally painless but he didn't use proper piercing needles - I think the thing he used was a bit blunt - so the healing wasn't so great.</p>

11: VCH and inner labia - the least painful, best behaved, fastest-healing, non-irritable piercings I've had. It's true.</p>

pretenteresting
03-21-2010, 09:22 AM
I'll go in order of piercings I've had:

</p>

(I got my lobes pierced with a gun (yes, I know) when I was ten- I remember it hurting, but not too terribly much.)
</p>

1) Side lip ring (retired)- it was my first piercing, and I was expecting a great deal of pain. I did feel the 'pop', but the pain of the actual piercing was pretty underwhelming. A complete bitch to heal, though.</p>

2) Septum (retired)- I braced myself for this one. Everyone told me how badly it hurt. It pinched, but not nearly as badly as I thought it would.</p>

3) Left Nostril (retired)- After my septum piercing, I expected this not to hurt at all, and was almost offended when it did. I found it one of the most unpleasant piercings I've ever endured, honestly. It was just very uncomfortable. </p>

4) Center Labret- nothing. Loved it. Healed up without an issue, and it's by far my favorite piercing.</p>

5) Right Nostril- had this one pierced with a 16g ring instead of a screw. It hurt even more, and was also a complete bitch to heal- although, since I switched it out to an 18g L-shaped post, it's become almost discomfort-free and is one of my favorite piercings.

6) Medusa- I think oral piercings just love me, haha. It hurt significantly more than my labret, but nothing to cry over. Still healing, but I think this will become a favorite of mine as well. :] </p>

</p>

I've had all of my piercings done by the same girl. She is fantastic- so friendly, experienced, and I always walk out satisfied.
</p>

Axon
03-21-2010, 09:29 AM
1. Deepest daith or triangle</p>

2. Right side high nostril
</p>

dearladydisdain
03-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Don't have a lot of piercings yet, but here's my list:</p>

1. Navel. Everyone told me it would be just a pinch, but that thing hurt a surprising amount. Ouch.</p>

2. Rook. Not that bad, really. Sore for about 2 weeks. </p>

3. Gunned lobes. They didn't even really hurt, just a pinch, but they hurt more than my needled ones (as far as I remember).</p>

4. Needled second lobes. Don't even remember pain.
</p>

ywdy
03-21-2010, 12:18 PM
1. 8g ear lobes--Pierced at 10, immediately stretched to 8. These actually hurt the worst out of all my piercings (which surprised me a lot), maybe because they were immediately stretched after being pierced at a fairly large gauge.</p>

2. 16g labret--Pinched a lot and bled the first night, my only piercing to actually bleed afterward.</p>

3. 14g septum--Pinched at first, but was my best behaved piercing out of all of them.</p>

4. 12g tongue--Swelled a lot, but piercing pain was almost non-existent and healing was otherwise a piece of cake.
</p>

leeanananana
03-21-2010, 12:36 PM
(out of the little piercings I have :p)
</p>

Industrial - worst by far. I hated it. Plus the healing has sucked. I love the piercing itself nonetheless.</p>

Septum - didn't even feel it at all. Putting the jewelry in was uncomfortable though.</p>

Monroe (retired..) - No pain at all.
</p>

rie
03-21-2010, 12:38 PM
<P mce_keep="true">gunned lobes fo sho</P>

kinseycardigan
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Going in order from least painful to most -
</p>

Barely felt it during piercing or healing: 18g needled lobes (4th and 5th in right ear, 4th in left ear), 16g daith, 14g conch, 18g nostril</p>

Minimal pain during piercing, plus mild pain healing: 18g tragus, individual helices (1st and 2nd in left ear, 1st and 4th in right), 14g industrial, 16g forward helix, 16g rook, 14g navel, 14g inverse navel.</p>

Moderate pain during piercing plus moderate pain during healing: 18g gunned lobes (2nd and 3rd in both ears),
18g double helix (pierced in the same session), 18g paired "high" nostrils (suckers hurt whenever I yawned for at least 2 weeks) </p>

Intense pain during piercing, plus more than moderate less than intense pain during healing: 16g anti-tragus, 16g snug
</p>

Kirsty
03-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Lobes - I have no idea how much they hurt because they were gunned when I was really young. I know I didn't cry though so maybe it wasn't that bad.</p>

Gunned nostril - 6 years ago and I didn't know it was bad at the time, since retired. No real pain. Just a quick pinch that made my eyes water. </p>

Septum - Once again, just a quick pinch that made my eyes water. The clamps did hurt at first though.
</p>

Left Lip - It didn't really hurt that much, just a quick noticeable pinch, it made me squeeze my eyes closed a lot though. I have a tendency to dig my nails into my hand, kind of to focus on that pain rather than the piercing, that honestly hurt more than the piercing, lol. </p>

Smiley - Ow. :| After reading how it wasn't going to hurt I really wasn't expecting it to. And boy, did it. It felt like my frenulum was ripping. It made my eyes water too!
</p>

Right Lip - OW. OW. OW. My piercer said I had a lot of veins that side so maybe that's why it hurt so bad? When she said that I was just thinking "Oh no, it's gonna bleeeeed!" and it didn't. My smiley is the only piercing I've had that bled. Apparently I let out a very strange noise when the needle went through!
</p>

xwoodlandcorex
03-21-2010, 04:57 PM
getting my lobes pierced never hurt.

Cartilage felt like a sharp pinch.

Sternum was a pressure and pinch, pretty much painless.

I didn't even feel my lip being pierced.

My nose was a pinch and it bled everywhere.

But the absolute most painful piercing that I have ever had the displeasure of getting was my navel. It was pierced through some thick scar tissue that formed from my umbilical cord and it felt like someone stuck two spikes in my abdomen and was pulling them in opposite directions. In fact, halfway through getting it pierced the needle had trouble making it through the tissue and then the piercer had to jam it through. Worst time ever. I ended up retiring it about two weeks ago because the bottom hole just wasn't healing. I don't plan on getting it redone. EVER.

kickpushhh
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
(1) Tragus 16g - My artist did it freehand to get the "sweet spot" since I have a puny tragus... It was disgustingly painful.

(2) Forward Helix 16g - I don't know exactly what its called, its a msc. cartilage piercing, made a horrid sound when pierced and took forever to heal!

(3) Helix 16g - It was gunned when I was 12 or so, I really don't remember! I just remember the healing process being quite tedious... It was never really a happy piercing for the first 2 years.

(4) Nostril 16g - The first time I pierced it (4 years ago) it was a fairly painful piercing... not enough to deter me from repiercing it later again. Second time around it was a breeze

(5) Navel 14g - I hated getting it pierced, and I hated so much that I took it out, just not my thing I guess

(6) Smiley 16g - It was a breeze, slightly uncomfortable but not enough to complain about.

(7) Tongueweb 16g - Quick, painless and healed perfectly! 5 years and going strong :)

jellybean
03-21-2010, 05:56 PM
(1) Tragus 16g - My artist did it freehand to get the "sweet spot" since I have a puny tragus... It was disgustingly painful.</p>

I've never heard of a tragus having a sweet spot...
</p>

SoldOne
03-21-2010, 06:53 PM
16g Helix: Kinda stung</p>

Lobes: didnt hurt at all </p>

Multiple faciocranial surgeries and stump revisions: yeah those fucking hurt </p>

odessa
03-21-2010, 07:22 PM
#1 Rooooook. God that little guy hurt.</p>

#2 Navel. It was my 8th try so there was a lot of scar tissue and I turned grey and passed out. </p>

#3 Daith. Like an ice pick through styrofoam. I got the trembles a little bit after this one.</p>

#4 Stretched helix. The initial piercing was relatively painless, but stretching it up to 8g was really bad. Every time.
</p>

These are the only painful ones. The forceps on my septum hurt more than the actual piercing. I didn't feel a thing with my gunned earlobes and nostril. </p>

Jade
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Ears were a breeze, lip and tongue felt like mosquito bites, tbh... my nipples didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought they would... but going outside in bellow zero weather right after they were done, REALLY sucked.
</p>

The only real "OMFG THAT HURT" pain I've gotten from a piercing was my septum... I apparently almost broke my boyfriend's hand when the needle went through, but after the initial shock, it just felt like someone popped me in the nose. lol. </p>

FHS
03-22-2010, 08:26 AM
1. Conch - It hurt like hell.
2. (almost as bad as the conch) Industrial - Been wanting this for years, but I almost didn't get the second hole (the helix) done because of the pain when piercing the upper hole (close to the head).
3. Ear lobes
4. Helix
5. Tragus - Didn't feel it. :) </p>

rat
03-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Septum the 3rd time was like getting kicked in the face.</p>

Nipple the 3rd time was pretty bad, but not unbearable.</p>

The one microdermal I got on my forearm hurt the least of all my piercings.. I guess arm-skin is pretty tough. Scapelling my lobes wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be either. (thank you Rick for my most painless mods) (oh that was almost a pun) </p>

wissabo
03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
<P mce_keep="true">I haven't had time to read all the responses yet, but here's my most to least pain scale, 1 being the most painful (I didn't include my lobe piercings because most people have them, and know how they feel):</P>
<P mce_keep="true">1. rook (Was also a total bitch to heal, and hurt for almost a year after I got it pierced.Now, 9 years later, it'smy FAVORITE piercing.)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2. nipple</P>
<P mce_keep="true">3.conch</P>
<P mce_keep="true">4.tongue (Just felt like I bit my tongue.)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">5. VCH (Only hurt for about 60 seconds. I have felt NO pain since.)</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">That's all I have. lol </P>
<P mce_keep="true">Honestly, though, after a while, you forget how bad any of it hurts. Like, I've only had my VCH pierced for 2 months, but I literally can't remember what it actually felt like, ya know? It's weird!</P>

kickpushhh
03-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Jellybean: I have a really tiny tragus, so he really needed to get in there to pierce it in a) the proper spot, and b) the spot I wanted it. Thats what I meant by "sweet spot".

SoldOne
03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
</p>

#4 Stretched helix. The initial piercing was relatively painless, but stretching it up to 8g was really bad. Every time. </p>

I plan to stretch my helix as well. How long did you wait between stretches?
</p>

Mr. Meaner
03-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Too many to rate individually but I'll go thru some interesting ones, at least I think so </p>

I don't think I've ever been more 'psyched out' before a piercing as I was before my nipple but for nothing...I didn't even feel it</p>

My 18g double right nostril hurt a lot more than I expected. I thought for such a tiny gauge and pretty common piercing it wouldn't hurt at all but it did. Nowhere near my most painful but it WAS a surprise. </p>

My 8g tragus punch hurt hurt hurt, that was the number if 'twists' of the punch it took to get thru it and I passed out for the briefest moment. It's the ONLY thing I'm pretty scared about getting again but I really want the other one fine. Easily my most painful. </p>

My recent double snug hurt pretty bad too...the ridge if cartilage is 8mm thick and it hurt and had pops getting thru that cartilage...then a second one. Took all my poor piercers little muscles for her to get the needle thru</p>

All the rest...lip, eyebrow, rook, MDs...retired helixes and outer conch punch, septum, much of a muchness really. Didn't even FEEL the scalpel cut my lobes tho getting the jewellery in hurt a bit</p>

easyluckyfree
03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
I'd easily sit through having all my piercings redone if needed, but the most painful was probably scaffolding, especially with healing, easiest would be either tragus or septum. Both were my favourite piercings to get and heal. :)

october
03-23-2010, 03:30 AM
<P mce_keep="true">My most painfull piercing was my nipples, if i had to take them out in not sure if I would ever get them done agian. </P>
<P mce_keep="true">second would be my first lip piercing i dont know why it hurt so much.I now have three and they were all done by the same piercer and I did not feel the other two.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Third would be my left tragus, the needle got stuck in my ear and he had to work with it to get it out and jewerly in.the right one was fine.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I geuss the next one would be my indy i did not even feel the top hole but the second one was a little harder.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I did not even feel my septum,eyebrow and tounge.</P>

Eric
03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
It isn't a piercing, per se, but my first tongue split was easily my most painful procedure ever. ever. ever. </p>

#1= Tongue split with no anesthetic and 5 stitches per side.
</p>

#2= 8mm nostril punch, but that was only so bad because there were some complications during the procedure, which I won't go into here.</p>

#3= 9mm inner conch punches.
</p>

idylstar
03-23-2010, 04:41 PM
<P mce_keep="true">well I would say :</P>
<P mce_keep="true">1. nipples ( both done at same time, ouch!)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2. lobes (pierced at a 6g and then instantly stretched to a 4g, painful, but not unbearable)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">3. nostrils ( the piercer said I have thick nostrils skin(?), so she had a struggle which was really a pleasure [:)])</P>
<P mce_keep="true">4. septum (first time hurt way more than the second)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">I must say that though my piercings have come with inevitable physical pain, the mental trauma inflicted by the waiting and the up and down of it all was far worse than any physical pain.</P>

deadalchemist
03-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Nipples hands down
</p>

MLE
03-24-2010, 08:20 AM
<P mce_keep="true">I cried when I got my nipple pierced--it was agonizing. I don't think I'll be going back for the second one.My conch piercings were all very hurty, but not so bad that I didn't go back for more. Gunned lobe piercings were pretty rough.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">My nostril and septum both hurtjust a little bit.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">My tragus piercings and my microdermal both felt like nothing even happened. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Drizzit
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
none of my piercings really hurt at all...i've had 4 industrials, 3 tongues, 4 lobes (2 stretched to 1/2)...if u have a good piercer they'll distract u when they poke u w/ the needle so ur mind is preoccupy w/ something else and not the pain. if i had to rate my piercings from most painful to least i'd have to say</p>

1) industrials</p>

2) tongues</p>

3 lobes </p>

the piercing itself is not what make the industrials number 1, it's the healing process that's a bitch... and the second time around when i double up on the industrials, 2 on each ear in an 'x' fashion.. the ear swelled up and the bars push on each other... man those first two weeks were fun...
</p>

Dayna
03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
<P mce_keep="true">1 conch: some how i managed to get them both done at once. pierced at 10g stretched to 8g. after downsizing due to scaring, i still managed to go back and have one punched at 4g.... not sure i could have sat through two. i'll go back for the second.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2 nipples: it was a long time ago but i remeber that it hurrt , which is more than i can say for my other piercings. </P>
<P mce_keep="true">3. oh wait! fucking industrial hurt like a bitch for days after. which is i think worse than it hurting for 45 seconds during the prcedure.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

Robk
03-26-2010, 08:38 AM
<P mce_keep="true">1st - 14g double nostril</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2nd - 14g labrets</P>
<P mce_keep="true">3rd - 14g lobes</P>

odessa
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
</p>

</p>

#4 Stretched helix. The initial piercing was relatively painless, but stretching it up to 8g was really bad. Every time. </p>

I plan to stretch my helix as well. How long did you wait between stretches?
</p>

</p>

I was at 16g forever, stretched to 14g, then waited about a year and a half to stretch to 12g. 10g was 6 months later, and 8g was maybe 4 or 5 months after that (protip: not long enough). Once I got to 10g, I found the front of the plug was scraping against the inside of the curve of my ear, and 8g was even more tight and uncomfortable. The original piercing was just not placed with expansion in mind. I downsized to 16g, but I can still easily fit a 14g ring or labret in there. I don't think anything can really make cartilage stretching painless, but it healed well each time and I loved the way it looked.
</p>

wissabo
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
<P mce_keep="true">

I don't think anything can really make cartilage stretching painless</P>

Agreed. I waited almost two years to stretch my conch from its initial 14g to 12g. It didn't hurt, really, to stretch it, but it was sore for like 4 days after! I'll definitely wait a long time to stretch to 10g.</P>

bleeding_sarcasm
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
1 - 4g Inner conch dermal Punch. Pain subsidded quickly, but sucked hard with the punch/stretch which is what I really feared.</p>

2 - 12g medusa. Big needle. Hurty pain.</p>

3 - 16g Septum. Felt like getting punched in the face, and then pain subsided quickly, easy to stretch, easy to heal.</p>

4 - 16g Vertical Labret. None of my other piercings really hurt at all, and this one barely hurt a little, so it wins #4</p>

5 - Nipples. The right one was first, and that didnt hurt at all. The left was next, and hurt a little, but it was more of an erotic pain.</p>

6 - nostrils (18g-16x, no joke) feels fun, never get the eye watering! 16g - anti-traigus, 16g - helix, 16g - conch. Tied for not really hurting at all. </p>

jesskaface
04-16-2010, 06:44 PM
have i posted in here before? iunno.</p>

conches pierced at 6g. hands down will always be the most painful for me.
</p>

jellybean
04-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Is it odd that I really don't have a good sense of where many of my piercings rank on a pain scale? I mean, I know they all hurt, but in terms of comparing pain, I have trouble putting them in an actual order... </p>

CorazondeOro
04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
<P mce_keep="true">1. Double helix, by FAR my most painful piercings. The first one wasn't THAT bad (still more painful than my other piercings but nothing terrible) but the second one done right after it was awful. I was shaking afterwards!</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2. This is a hard one, but probably my left nostril. It stung quite a bit and actually felt like a needle going through my skin while most of my other piercings just felt like a pinch.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">3. 10G lobes... left was more painful than right, but neither of them were that bad. The piercings just felt like a lot of pressure.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">4. Conch... not nearly as painful as I was expecting it to be! Only slightly more painful than my right nostril.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">5. Right nostril. Just a quick pinch and it was done!</P>
<P mce_keep="true">6. Left eyebrow... this actually may be tied with my right nostril but it wasn't bad at all either.</P>

xNeedlesx
04-18-2010, 12:28 PM
<P mce_keep="true">1) My right snakebite being re-pierced hurt like a bitch! I can take pain, but this hurt all the way down through my neck.. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">2) My snakebites, period. (Which I do not have anymore)</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">3) Labret piercing. Easiest piercing I've ever had and I barely felt the needle.. </P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true">4) Ears pierced at the same time.. Didn't hurt at all.. Little pressure from the clamps, but no pain. </P>

leeanananana
04-18-2010, 01:27 PM
From most to least:</p><ul> Industrial - Hated getting this done...
Nostril - quick pinch, was super easy :) Septum - Barely felt it, just made my eyes water Monroe (x2, retired now) - Didn't even feel it[/list]My piercings have all been fairly easy except my industrial. Hated that one :p

tarah
04-19-2010, 02:25 PM
I found none of my piercings really hurt, so i'll add my stretches too:

1) Stretching lobes from 9/16" to 5/8" for some odd reason - they really didn't want to stretch, OW.

2) Center labret, I guess (hardly any "pain" just a little uncomfortable, but I had to rate it).

3) Eyebrow - Easiest piercing so far, didn't hurt at all. And aftercare has been a breeze.

pwnazor
04-19-2010, 04:15 PM
my nuts together, and then my ass cheeks i got a chain that goes to them pretty cool

Marishka1313
04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
This is from memory since my first piercing was lobes gunned at a really young age</p>

1) Most painful- Definately VCH turned hood splitting. The idea of a piercing needle being ripped out of the hood still hurts.</p>

2) Gunned lobes made me cry- however I was also only a very small child.</p>

3) Triangular Fossa piercings- Virtually pain free piercings, by the time the jewelry was through my body realized something happened, and I barely heard that lovely cartilage crunch. Definately hurt a lot for the first two days because I am clumsy and kept hitting them when changing shirts. I have a habbit of lifting both arms at the same time and hitting the sides of my head, and they hurt when i had a dog land on the side of my head while wrestling with it, but I was able to sleep on my sides second night.</p>

4) Stretches never hurt at all, dead stretched every time no tape or tapers
</p>

Patchen
04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
<P mce_keep="true">Most to least (at least as well as I can remember):</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Industrial (since retired)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Nipples</P>
<P mce_keep="true">4gHelix punches (and the stretch to 2g was nothing, but I kinda fear 1g and then 0g)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Septum (this was particularly non-painful, all 3, yes 3, times... just pinchy)</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Don't remember much about my lobes, all gunned, pretty sure they were uneventful</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

synthecide
04-20-2010, 05:21 AM
1) horizontal tongue</p>

2) christina
</p>

learnfrompeace
04-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Most painful would be when I had my helices GUNNED at 13. So dumb. </p>

Then my conches, which was mostly just pressure, healing sucked though</p>

and then my nostrils which barely hurt at all, and healing was amazing
</p>

BenIsAVillain
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
1. Septum - Pierced at 14g, felt like getting punched in the face. Stretching it to a 2g(going through all the sizes) was even worse</p>

2. Snakebites - 14g, hurt real bad</p>

3. Lobes - 10g, wasnt fun, but not horrible </p>

4. Tongue Webbing - 16g, stung like a very soft bee sting</p>

5. Smiley - 18g, slight discomfort for about 10secs, then didnt even feel it any more </p>

Noemi
04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
septum was okay</p>

regular ears were gunned so they hurt.</p>

second holes i did them myself, hurt mildly</p>

the worst was my labret. very very painful.
</p>

Melissa
04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
The rook was by far the most painful. My pain tolerance is pretty high so when I felt that much pain, I thought my piercer did something wrong. </p>

My septum was a different kind of pain...like when you pluck a nose hair. Sharp and eye-watering.</p>

Everything else was just a quick pinch.
</p>

Melissa09
04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
<P mce_keep="true">1. Ranked 1 for me is just your regular ear piercing. Maybe it was because I was so young when I got it redone but I remember screaming and cryingabout it lol(I was probably a year old when I first got them done but they fell out around age 6/7 so I had to get them redone</P>
<P mce_keep="true">2. My dermal anchor on my sternum was quite the pinch. Not painful enough to not go and get it done again though. I plan to get one done below my first one in a couple weeks</P>
<P mce_keep="true">3. My frowny hurt abit since i had the piercer change the jewelry twice since they were not fitting comfortably and one was too big for my work. But other then that is really was not that bad</P>
<P mce_keep="true">4. My septum. I wouldnt even call that pain. I barely felt the needle go through xD</P>

chloe.faith
04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
most to least:</p>

- My sternum dermals hurt the most -- i have never even come close to passing out from pain except with these. it felt like someone was cutting up my chest with scissors. then it felt like i had been punched repeatedly for days.</p>

- Medusa. everybody told me lip piercings didn't hurt -- none of them had a medusa. so the pain was a huge surprise. and the swelling sucked. hard.</p>

- Nipples. first one i managed to keep a straight face, second one hurt a lot more. plus the original bars were too short so i had a lot of healing trouble too.</p>

- Tongue. the piercing itself was a mild pinch but i hated almost everything about that piercing. i got it caught on my braces a few times and played with it far too much. i wish i didn't have such an issue with it though, i liked how it looked :(</p>

- Nostrils. I don't remember much pain with either but i did get the left one when i was 13 so i may not remember, and the second one when i was 16 so i was used to peircings by then</p>

- Getting hip dermals removed. this hurt a lot more than getting them.</p>

- Smiley, septum, getting my hip dermals, second ear piercings all were noticable but not painful.</p>

- Navel. i got this done in france. when the piercer told me it was done, i was very surprised. no lie, i actually said "really?" </p>

xXpInCuShIoNxX
05-30-2010, 03:00 AM
most to least:
1. tongue web- piercing itself no pain but the clamp:omg i wanted to punch the guy in the face!
2. rook- very thick piece of cartlidge. pain in the a$s to heal too. still workin on that..
3. daith- <3
4. nose- downfall: makes u cry b/c close to ducts.
5. eyebrow- its a pain to get fully healed, but not painful.
6. bellybutton
7. lip
8.tragus
9. cartilage x2
10. tongue- no pain at all.
11. lobes x8

leeanananana
05-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Just going to add that I recently got my tragus pierced, and I barely felt it.
For all my piercings, generally (except my industrial...) I never would consider them painful. Putting in the jewelry is always the part that's "uncomfortable" for me.

bommie
05-30-2010, 11:32 AM
just got my septum pierced at 10g yesterday, woooohooooo =) HURTS LIKE A BITCH!.... for 3 seconds.

catexelizabeth
05-31-2010, 04:33 AM
...(except my industrial...) I never would consider them painful.

I almost passed out from my first (retired) industrial...I am such a baby about cartilage piercings! :X
Second most painful is a near tie between my conch and (also retired) christina.

Mr. Meaner
06-01-2010, 12:02 AM
My tragus punch without a doubt is the most painful shit I've had done.

My recent 0g outer conch would have to probably rate a second.

Getting scalpelled didn't hurt in itself but having the super tight jewellery shoved in hurt quite a bit.

Everything else i have found pretty easy...though I will say while it didn't hurt outrageously, I was surprised how much an 18g nostril piercing hurt....I expected to feel absolutely zero.

danivy
06-01-2010, 03:30 PM
#1: Septum. Made me go "oww...fuck...". Eyes teared up, not too bad after though.
#2: Tongue web. The piercing itself didn't hurt too bad, but the piercist had one of the tattooers come over and pull my tongue outward with a clamp and hold it up so he could get in my mouth with a clear space to perform the piercing. The clamping itself hurt the most.
#3: Lobes. Had these done by a friend at age 14 or so. They hurt a little, but I assume it was that much worse being my first piercing.
#4: Nostril. It was nothing.

I appreciate this thread being here because of the constant question I have about "If I were to get x done, how much would it hurt?" Although I don't think any guys have posted about genital piercings ITT, I'm pretty curious about a few of those.

emejotah
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
well, lobes didn't hurt at all, it was more of a burn and my recent helix hurt waaaaay less than I thought it was going to. I mean way less. My sister described it as a "slight pinch" I agree with her description.

phigity
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
The one that hurt the most was definetely the nipples. Next in line was probably the septum. Both were a pain to heal despite taking great care of them. Everything else was very minor including the PA.

mariawithoneeye
06-02-2010, 02:44 PM
1) clavical microdermals
2) anti-tragus

the rest of my piercings didn't hurt at all

Patchen
06-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Most to least (at least as well as I can remember):
Industrial (since retired)
Nipples
4g Helix punches (and the stretch to 2g was nothing, but I kinda fear 1g and then 0g)
Septum (this was particularly non-painful, all 3, yes 3, times... just pinchy)
Don't remember much about my lobes, all gunned, pretty sure they were uneventful

I felt like I should update this...

Everything can stay in order, but I will say that I have since stretched my helix punches to 1g and it wasn't very painful at all (I waited til they were pretty loose at 2g and the 1g more or less slid right in). The right one has been a finnicky bugger to heal, however, which I am sure is due to my favoring that side while asleep.

I am going to go ahead and bump everything down a peg, and put my triangle at #1.... It HURT. So much. It's in #1 by a mile.

I love it now, though, and healing has been a breeze :)

laurabobaura
06-07-2010, 01:06 PM
1. tongue
2. nostril
3. lip
4. eyebrow
5. naval

wissabo
06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Wow, your navel hurt the worst? Yipes! Mine definitely was the least painful of my piercings. It's so funny to see how differenlty people react to pain!

danivy
06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I think "laurabobaura" is ranking them with #1 as most painful, with navel being the last.

That said, I find it weird when people say their nostril piercings hurt, mine hurt less than having my lobes pierced.

wissabo
06-09-2010, 04:12 PM
haha That makes more sense. This whole day has been like one giant brain fart!

kuhtams
06-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Nipples x1000. Then again I have freakishly large ones (sorry TMI).
All others were kind of like, meh whatever. The only thing that was surprising was my tongue. I was expecting it to be horrible because biting your tongue sucks but it wasn't bad at all really.

sapphiredonna
06-10-2010, 12:04 AM
fwiw, I've gotten both a 3 mm conch punch and a 3 mm conch piercing; the piercing hurt waaaaaay more than the punch (though the punch was more unnerving since I heard the loud "crack" and I bled a lot; the needle was silent and I barely bled at all). still, I'm having my conch redone at some point and it's gonna be punched, no question about it.

dearladydisdain
06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow, your navel hurt the worst? Yipes! Mine definitely was the least painful of my piercings. It's so funny to see how differenlty people react to pain!

My navel was the worst. I'm not sure if it actually hurt more than my rook but it definitely felt like it because everyone said "oh, it'll just be a pinch!" It wasn't. OW. It felt like burning pain slicing through my belly. With my rook I was at least expecting it so it wasn't as bad. :P

My septum didn't hurt at all, and neither did the jewelry insertion. I felt the needle slide through and my eyes didn't even water.

wissabo
06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
OMG, my rook was so bad! lol And it made 'pop pop pop' noises as it went through. Yowch! It's my fave, though!!

mariawithoneeye
06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
OMG, my rook was so bad! lol And it made 'pop pop pop' noises as it went through. Yowch! It's my fave, though!!
really? mine didn't hurt at all and was far and away the easiest cartilage piercing to heal

amandaaa_x
06-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Omg, wissabo. You're making me sooo nervous for Saturday with the popping and the pain... eeek.

Ahah but at least I'll have something to compare my lobes' pain to and start my own little list heree.

PriestessLolo
06-10-2010, 07:55 PM
My rook was very painful, but I can't recall if it made a noise. If it did, I just don't remember. Same for both conches which were needled, no noises. I'll update it since I got my right conch pierced :3 Most painful being #1.

(1) Sternum microdermals (rejected/retired)
(2) Nipples (retired, want to have redone)
(3) Rook
(4) Right conch (the one that was tapered immediately after needling)
(5) Right nostril (it came out and had to be reinserted like, a minute after being pierced. Now retired)
(6) Left conch
(7) Left nostril
(8) Septum (not bad at all, just a quick pain)
(9) Tongue (least painful piercing of all)

My lobes were gun pierced when I was little, so I don't count them.

wissabo
06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
ha I didn't realize you retired your right nostril! Double nostrils was so cute on you! :(

PriestessLolo
06-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks ^^ the uneven placement (pictures didn't show it a lot, but I was seeing it all the time myself) bothered me too much. If a piercer tells me there's no room for a new hole then I may just un-retire it since it's half open still. I do miss it, but just wished my placements were better matched.

oh the zombies
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
dermal punching my conch to a 2g
it wasnt so bad actually doing it. the sound was horrible.
but after when i stood up it was fucking exremly painful

myhiroshima
06-22-2010, 07:20 PM
1. tragus - i assume because it was cartilage, which needs more of a.... for lack of better words, push, to get in.
2. monroe - it didn't hurt much, but it stung the most.
3. lobes - a bit of a sting.
4. septum - mostly uncomfortable, but no pain whatsoever.
5. tongue - didn't even feel it!